Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Review

This week finds me in Hazel Green, AL (north of Huntsville). The services on Sunday went very well considering the weather conditions (heavy rain). My wife and I had the privilege to serve this congregation as Pastor in the early days of our ministry. It is always a privilege to re-visit those places that made a spiritual impact in your life. The presence of the Lord could be felt by one and all as we gathered to lift up the name of the Lord and to encourage one another. I truly have a strong desire to encourage the people of God; as a matter of fact I sense an urgent need for this action to become even a greater reality. Each of us need to sense this need in the Body of Christ; many of your friends and family members are walking through some challenges at this very moment and they need the strength of God to be present in their lives. There was a great response to the altar invitation in each of the services and I believe that many needs were met. I want to share two things that God placed in my heart as I was praying before the Sunday evening service. We gather in church for several reasons but God reminded me of two of them during prayer. 1) We gather to lift up and exalt the name of Christ. We are all called to be worshippers. 2) We gather to hear the Word of God declared to us. The Word of God declares the revelation of the Love and Grace of God to fallen mankind. The New Testament reveals the blessings of the "will or testament" of God that Christ purchased through His death. When will we start paying attention to the provisions of the "will or testament?" When will we allow the Word of God to penetrate our heart and not just our mind? We must hear clearly what the Lord is saying and then respond in obedience to His invitation. Dear Father, help each one of us learn to walk in Your Provision. Our needs are met through Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment