Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Weekend Review

God is truly worthy of all the Praise and Glory that we can give to Him. I have a strong desire to strengthen my offering of worship to God this year. I am not just referring to singing a little louder or more passionate this year but I am referring to "lifestyle worship." I want every part of my life as well as the ministry part of my life to offer worship to the great and mighty King of Kings. As I have said before, the Lord is truly worthy of all the worship that I can present to Him. I trust that each of you enjoyed a safe New Years celebration. We were able to make a trip to Alabama to spend some time with my parents. Several of my siblings as well as members of their families gathered for a post-Christmas celebration. We try every year to take some time to assemble in Alabama and celebrate Christmas with each other. We were blessed to be raised in a Christian home; my parents have served in the ministry approximately 60 years. We are blessed with a rich and deep spiritual foundation. Even now my parents are involved in ministry efforts in Nursing Homes. local Hospitals and visitation to Military Veterans ( my dad serves as Chaplain of a local chapter of the Disabled American Veterans) as well as the local church which they attend. Their efforts remind me that people have needs and we need to be willing to offer ourselves to assist them. Let us make 2010 a year in which we offer ourselves as servants to each other. Sunday afternoon found us ministering in an Outreach Ministry in Radcliff, KY. The presence of the Lord was awesome as we gathered to lift up the name of Jesus. We are involved with a group of people who have a strong desire to reach the community of Radcliff and Fort Knox with the message of Hope and Grace. Many of our military families are facing great challenges in their lives; some servicemen and servicewomen have already faced six, seven, and in some cases eight different deployments to the battle field. Surely these challenges call for us to go to prayer for these brave men and women who are engaged in the battle against terrorism. Let us lift up these military personnel and their families to the Lord and when given the opportunity let us express to them our sincere appreciation for their willingness to serve on our behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment