Friday, January 22, 2010

NC Trip

I am thankful for the opportunity that God gave to me the past two weeks. I was able to minister in two churches in NC on this trip to the state. The presence of the Lord was very near in each of the services and I was encouraged through the response of many people as they listened to the Voice of the Lord. I am very thankful that God provided me a safe trip home and I am equally thankful that God continues to provide opportunities to minister the Word of God and to pray with those who come forward. As I drove yesterday I was reminded of the great privilege and honor to be able to preach the "good news" of the Gospel and to see people open their hearts to the concern that God has for each of them. But that thought also led me to think about another concern that I sense in my spirit. As I have traveled across this land in the past four years I have seen many people miss the visitation of God. I do not write this is the spirit of criticism but out of the desire to see people receive their personal visitation of God. I asked myself these questions yesterday, "Why do we sense the presence of God and not take the opportunity to respond to His call? Why do we find it so easy to reject, resist or ignore the call from God?" We must break free from the hindering obstacles and lies of the enemy to our soul. We have the Word of God to encourage us to trust God; we have the testimony of others to encourage us to trust God; and we even have our own personal life experiences that encourage us to trust God. We will quickly follow the advice of people when they encourage us to visit a doctor that has proven beneficial to their physical problem. We will quickly take the advice of our friends concerning a new restaurant in town or a new place to shop for cars, furniture, clothes, etc. But we resist the opportunity to listen to the voice of others as well as the Voice of the Spirit as He seeks to draw us closer to Him. Take a moment today and review your decisions concerning your response to God. We will be blessed as we seek to walk in obedience to the Work of the Spirit in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment