Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Review

This week finds me in High Point, NC at the Ward Avenue church with Pastor Benjamin and Tammy Duncan. They along with the local church offered me a warm welcome as we began Revival services on Sunday Morning. The presence of the Lord was in the meeting from the beginning as Pastor Duncan led the church in the Call to Worship. Isn't it always a privilege to assemble in the House of God with fellow believers and offer praise and worship to the Lord God Almighty? I never want to lose the feeling of appreciation that I sense when the opportunity to worship arises. During my service as a Pastor I remember people who were ill or home bound expressing their desire to be in the House of God to worship their Savior. Oh, let us savor the moments of our time in the presence of the Savior! The altars were full in each of the services. I truly believe that these are the days in which the church must call on the name of the Lord. We need to pray for ourselves as well as offer our prayer support to others. I spoke last night about those moments in which our "faith reaches those crisis moments." It is during those moments that we make the choice to trust God regardless of the situations that we maybe facing. I will make a confession here, it is not always easy to express faith when it seems that the challenges that you are facing leave you feeling overwhelmed and unprepared to face them. But it is at those moments that we are able to recognize the strength and presence of God. It is during those times that we are able to release our faith regardless of the obstacles and trials that are confronting us. This passage came to my attention during my devotional time this morning. I think it speaks strength to the thoughts that I am sharing today. Hebrews 7:25, "Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them." (NKJV) We can rejoice in the fact that Christ is alive and that He is interceding for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment