Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend Review

It is a pleasure to be with Pastor and Sis. Tyler at the Ghio church in Hamlet, NC. I have known the Tyler's for many years and it is a privilege and blessing to renew their friendship. They and the church have opened their hearts to me and to the Word that God has put into my spirit to share with them. The services yesterday went well with a fresh anointing of the Spirit, I fully realize that there are many people with needs but we must be willing to release our faith. I desire to lead people into the presence of God in such a manner that they feel comfortable in releasing their faith. After all, what do we have other than our faith? Where can we turn other than to God? God has the answer for the ills of our lives as we continue to call on His name and walk in fellowship with Him. We need to continue to pray for the needs in Haiti. Once again the American people are responding to this crisis through their prayers and through their giving. One article that I read this morning said that the giving of Americans may set a record total. It may exceed the giving of any of the recent tragedies around the world. Isn't it amazing how the spirit of compassion can come to the fore-front when tragedy takes place? It would be such a blessing if compassion played a leading role in our daily lifestyle. What would happen in America if we resisted the temptation to hate; if we refused to live in the grip of jealousy or greed; or if we lived in the spirit of prayer and intercession for one another. I pray that God will not only stir our hearts but that God will transform our hearts. I truly desire to live under the power of God's transformation in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment