Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Challenged to Change

The services at Christ Tabernacle continue to go well; the presence of the Lord was very powerful in the meeting last night as we moved into the time of sharing the Word as well as intercessory prayer during the altar meeting. Once again the altar was filled with young people who were seeking for direction from their lives. We must not give up on this generation; God is at work and we need to offer ourselves as a "support staff" for them. We need this generation in our local churches and this generation needs our love and support. During the presentation of the Gospel as well as this morning in prayer, the Lord raised up this thought in my heart. The Word of God and the Spirit of God will challenge us as we sit in the presence of God; but the challenge of the Word is meant to transform (change) us. We should not be intimidated by the challenge of the Spirit but we need to respond to that challenge through obedience to God. The Word of God is alive and powerful and it will accomplish the intentions of God. I just need to be prepared to walk in the direction that God provides; He knows where He desires to take my life and I need to be willing to receive, respond, and obey. I came across this statement of Kirk Cameron in the book "Revival's Golden Key" written by Ray Comfort. Read these words and allow the Lord to speak to your heart. "The Law didn't help me, it just left me helpless. It didn't make me a good person, it made me realize that I'm not. The Law is the mirror that shows you and me that we're in trouble with God and cannot help ourselves; we must rely completely upon Jesus to save us. I thank God for the Law. Without it, I'd still be living in a dream world, thinking I was going to heaven when, in reality, I was on my way to hell!" Just remember that the Word was given to change us. If we allow the Word to do it's proper work in our lives we will see the spiritual transformation that God desires. I desire to become what God has planned; the thoughts and plans of man will leave us short of God's intended plan but we must be determined to reach our destiny in Christ as we fully yield ourselves to Him. Do not resist the full impact that the Word of God will have on your life. God has great plans for your life; just trust Him and His Word to fulfill that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment