Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Review

I trust that each of you had an enjoyable weekend with family and friends. The Lord is gracious, kind, and loving; He provides many opportunities in which He ministers to the needs that we possess. I trust that each of you had a divine encounter with God through the events of the past few days. The reflection and remembrances of 9-11-01 should have served as a time to help us understand our need for God's favor and direction on the "soul" of this nation. I believe that many of us found time to pray and intercede for our nation. But I feel that I need to encourage you to continue your prayers for our nation; we may very well be at a critical crossroad in which we need to make correct decisions concerning our spiritual future. Friday night found me in Radcliff,KY worshipping with a group of people who are seeking to follow after the heart of God regarding an outreach effort to Radcliff and the surrounding communities. The Spirit of the Lord was very evident in the service as we reflected, worshipped, prayed, and received the Word from God. God dealt with my heart concerning Psalm 91; we must declare and understand that God is still our "only true refuge." The past few months and years have taught us that our confidence can not be placed in man or the abilities of man. God is our HOPE and in Him and Him alone will we trust. Join me in prayer concerning the outreach to the Radcliff area; I will be sharing more with you over the next few weeks as we continue to seek the direction of God. Sunday night found me in Sheridan, IN at Christ Tabernacle Church with Pastor Rich and Cathy Barker. I know that I say it often, but the presence of the Lord filled the house as we lifted our hearts in worship to the Lord God Almighty. If we could only understand and fathom the release that true praise and worship brings into the service in which we are participating. I shared the Word of God and the altar response was awesome. The thing that impressed me the most was the number of young people who stepped out in obedience to the call from God. I for one have not given up on the youth of this generation; I refuse to believe the lie of satan that the message of the Gospel is no longer relevant. I was reminded during prayer that the "truth of God endures to all generations." I give God praise for what was accomplished in the lives of people last night and I eagerly await the service tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment