Thursday, September 10, 2009

Staying Focused

Hebrews 12:13,"Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong" (NLT). Each one of us face the challenge of staying focused in regards to our relationship and walk with God. Life has a way of presenting so many distractions that desire to pull us away from our journey with God. We have to stay to alert to these distractions because not all of them are sinful or evil; some of these distractions are the daily challenges or responsibilities that we encounter on a consistent basis. But we need to remember to keep the "straight path" mapped out in our heart so that we will not deviate away from the course that God desires for us to follow. We all walk that same straight path although our callings, gifts, or responsibilities may vary in the Body of Christ. We all have the responsibility to walk in such a manner that those who are observing our journey with Christ will be strengthened and encouraged in their relationship with God. God placed a thought in my heart yesterday as I watched a variety of pictures move across my computer screen. I saw pictures of Ann and myself interacting with our family in a variety of situations (church, Christmas, special occasions, family outings, etc.). I asked myself, "What are we leaving behind for our children and grandchildren? What do they say about us when we are not in their presence? What is my life saying to them? Have my actions matched my words or have I spoken one way and lived my life in a way that was opposite of what I spoke?" Those are some of the questions that I need to answer as I fight the battle with distractions. I can not afford to give in to distractions but I must remain focused on yielding my life to Christ so that He can live through me. I truly desire for my life to offer encouragement to those that I contact on a daily basis. Allow the Lord to speak to your heart concerning individual distractions that you are facing. Each of us need to realize that there are people who observe us on a daily basis and we need to show them the path that will lead them to eternal life. Tomorrow is a day of Prayer across America as we reflect on the events of 9-11-01. Hopefully each of you will find time to pray about the spiritual needs of our nation. In many counties across America there will be times of public prayer at the Courthouse. Please take time to participate in these public events if you have the opportunity; take the time to pray privately if these public events are not taking place in your community. We hope you can join us in Radcliff, KY on 9-11-09 either through your attendance or through your agreement in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment