Monday, September 7, 2009

Walking According to the Word

Yesterday's church service was a great source of inspiration to me. I was able to sit and receive the deposit of the Word of God as well as receive strength from the offertory music that was offered to God and to the local body. The special music was the song, "Order my steps in your Word." My heart was challenged as I was reminded of the need to allow the Word of God and the Spirit of God to direct my path according to the revelation of the Word of God. My life does not need to be lived outside the boundaries of the Word of God. I need to live my life according to the precepts and principles of God's Word. The spirit and influences of our culture seeks to allure us away from the foundational principles of God but we must resist that attempt with all of our spiritual strength. I am certainly not advocating a return trip to legalism but I do believe that we need to be alert to the devices of satan and not allow Him to spread his spirit of deception and compromise. There is still a right way to live and that is by allowing God to "order our steps in His Word." One of the lines of the song talks about "lead me, guide me"; each one of us desperately need for God to guide and lead our lives. Take a moment on this Labor Day and recommit your life to walking after the direction of God. God is ready to lead if we will commit to following His direction for our lives. Watch the blog for some special information concerning a unique "9-11" service in Radcliff, KY. (Read the schedule for the time and place.) Spiritual leaders around this nation are calling for the people of God to have special times of prayer throughout that day. I encourage each of you to make time that day to seek God on behalf of our nation. We are in need of God to send another spiritual awakening to America. Can we count on you to intercede for spiritual awakening in America?

No comments:

Post a Comment