Friday, September 18, 2009

Combination of Words and Actions

Last night I was privileged to sit with a small group of people who are seeking to make a difference in this world through the power that is released in the declaration of the message of the Kingdom of God. As the discussion moved forward we began to realize that there are great numbers of "messages" that are being declared in the churches across our nation. Is is possible that the true message that Christ brought to this world is being lost in all of the "words" that are being spoken by various individuals? Many of these "words" are birthed in the power of the flesh rather than the power and unction of the Holy Spirit. The modern day church is being challenged to stay true to the message of the Gospel; we must not allow the influence of the culture to dictate the message that is being declared in our pulpits. We must pray for the Ministers of this generation; each of them need the courage and strength of the Spirit to declare the "truth of God in love" in such a manner that people will be convicted of their sins and the church will be awakened out of our apathy. I sensed that the Spirit raised another concern in my heart during the course of the conversation. The words that we speak must be confirmed by the actions that we take. Are the words I speak being lived out (practiced) in my daily living? We have developed books, seminars and conferences on sharing our testimony with our friends and family. I certainly am not against these efforts of training but I do believe that we need to remember that our actions must match our words if the "church" is to make an impact in this world. Our world is a world that is "full of words" but God is looking for people who will demonstrate the power of the life changing Gospel in their daily walk. I read this quote recently; "The Bible says that Jesus was "powerful in word and deed" (Luke 24:19). He didn't just make a proclamation, He made a demonstration as well. Jesus spoke and acted on behalf of the Gospel and I believe that He has called us to do likewise." I was deeply challenged by that statement. I desire for my life to reflect the words that I speak to others. I am referring to the words that I speak in the pulpit but also the words that I speak to people during my times of personal interaction. People are looking for true Christianity, one that is demonstrated as well as spoken. We are in need of the anointing of the Spirit in a fresh and powerful manner; this anointing would lead us into a deeper desire to demonstrate the power of the Gospel in our daily living. Our world needs to see the combination of actions as well as words. Be blessed as you put the Gospel into action today.

No comments:

Post a Comment