Thursday, September 17, 2009

Revival at Christ Tabernacle

I have returned home from a great meeting in Sheridan, IN. Pastor Rich and Cathy Barker are doing a wonderful job leading the local body into a deeper pursuit of a relationship with Jesus Christ. I believe the development of a deeper relationship with Christ is the call that the Spirit is issuing to the church in this hour. Am I truly responding to that call or have I learned how to ignore or even resist that call and remain in my state of spiritual complacency? How does God view my response to Him and the challenge that His Word brings to my life on a daily basis? All of us can learn to "justify" our actions toward God and our reactions to the activity of the Spirit; but does God accept those justifications? I may be able to convince myself that I am making the right response to the Spirit of God ; but both God and I know whether of not my actions are the ones that God desires to see out of my life. As I was driving home last night I could sense the "spirit of seriousness" come upon my heart. Am I truly serious about my journey with God or have I learned how to "act out the part" of being a Christian? Surely the evil activities of the days in which we are living are revealing to us the need to get our lives in order with God. We need to approach God with reverent love and appreciation for His desire to deliver us from the bondage of sin. I have noticed something wonderful in the past few meetings in which I have been involved. We are learning to recognize the awesome love of God and we are receiving and responding to the manifestation of His love in the services. I am convinced that God loves the people of this world (John 3:16); He even loves the "unlovable." Whether we are a non-believer or a believer we need to respond to the release of God's love on our lives. The depth of the love of God was released in each of the services in Sheridan. I was able to witness people of all ages come to the understanding that God truly loves them and that He has a plan for their life. Someone needs to be reminded of that principle today, God truly loves you and He does have a plan for your life. As you read these words; realize and understand that God is speaking to you. He is using the means of this blog to reach your heart and life. He is using the means of this blog to let you know that you are not forgotten or forsaken. God will not stop looking for you regardless of the condition of your life; trust in His love and grace today. He desires to draw near to your life; open your heart and allow Him entrance into your daily journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment