Friday, September 25, 2009

Thankful

The Lord was gracious and merciful as I traveled home from Grayson, Kentucky last night. The meeting with the Raceland and New Hope congregations was a blessing. The presence and unction of the Holy Spirit was very evident in each of the services and I was encouraged as people freely and willingly responded to the call from the Spirit. If we could just grasp the Love that God has for His creation; if we could just understand the true love and concern that God has for our individual lives. I desire to declare that message as I travel from place to place; God is ready to release His love if we will be willing to receive His Grace and Mercy. Dear God, help each one of us understand and receive Your ministering Spirit into our lives. Pastor Debbie and Pastor Curtis done an awesome job in leading their respective churches into a spirit of cooperation and celebration during this meeting. God is doing some marvelous things in His people if we will be willing to take our eyes off of ourselves and place our eyes on Him! A quote by Adrian Rogers caught my attention this morning. Read what he said, "Paul thought it was the greatest of blessings to be found in Him (Christ), you can read this in Philippians 3:9. Paul exchanged a set of rules for a friend. Hadn't you rather have a friend than a set of rules?" The word "friend" grabbed my attention. What a privilege to be friends with God. A worship song that I enjoy declares, "I am a friend of God." But it also declares "Who am I that God is mindful of me?" True friends are mindful of each other. True friends are concerned about each other. True friends offer care and concern to each other. Another old hymn declares, "What a friend we have in Jesus." Take a few moments today and reflect on the friendship that God has extended to us. He is not ashamed to call us friend. He is interested in our lives and He releases His concern toward us through the process of His love. We are not just members of some church, we are friends of God. Rejoice with me as we celebrate our friendship with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment