Friday, November 21, 2008

Commitment to the Journey

During prayer and study time the Lord reminded me that I needed to stay focused on my journey with God. It is easy to become distracted by all that is happening around us and those events that are happening to us. I must keep the eyes of my heart; A.W. Tozer calls it the "gaze of my soul", focused on Christ and allow Him to guide the steps of my life. I must make the decision of commitment to Christ. I can not afford to walk aimlessly through this life; the enemy of my soul has a well planned strategy for my demise and defeat. But I can remember that the Lord is fighting for me and not against me. God has provided for my victory and not my defeat. Today, stay focused on where you are headed and who you are in Christ Jesus! I am anticipating another encounter with God at service tonight. The Lord's presence has been revealed and released in each of the services; God is responding to the cry of our hearts. We must keep walking after God and allowing Him to develop our relationship with Him. Oh, to know God in a deeper, fuller measure if the desire of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment