Friday, November 14, 2008

Personal Reflections

Today is a special day in our family. Our youngest grandson, Carson will celebrate his second (2) birthday; his parents are throwing a party in his honor tonight. This celebration reminded me of one of the great blessings that God has provided for me; it is the blessing of my family. Each member of my family has played a role in my spiritual development. I was a Minister when Ann and I married; that call has been on my life throughout our marriage. She has stood with me in this call and she has been willing to work with me regardless of the responsibilities that we were asked to accept. I just give God glory and praise for such a godly woman who desired to see the kingdom of God prosper even if it meant a challenging transition for our family. I am grateful for this great and wonderful blessing from God. God blessed our marriage with two wonderful sons who also were a vital part of the success that we have enjoyed in the field of ministry. Although there were certainly times in which our decisions brought them into the challenge of transition; they were willing to recognize that their parents were trying to follow the direction of God. In each of these moments of decision God always provided new friends, new opportunities and opportunities for them to grow and mature. As we move toward the Holiday season; I just wanted you and my family to know that I am both blessed and thankful for my family. I am excited about the return trip to Browntown, Alabama next week. It was a great blessing to be with Pastor Tanner and the local church earlier this year. I sense that God has great plans for the services.

No comments:

Post a Comment