Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Moving Forward

As I was preparing my heart for the service tonight I was reminded of the need to set my desires in the direction of moving forward. The enemy desires to capture our desires so that we will remain content in our spiritual surroundings. I do not want to find myself only living in my experiences of yesterday as good as they may have been. I desire to be looking at where I am going and not looking back at where I have been. The writer in Hebrews talks about "laying aside every weight and the sin that so easily besets us"; this "laying aside" allows us to move in the direction that God is leading. We must allow the freedom of the Spirit to release us so that we can "run the race" with endurance, obedience, sacrifice and commitment. Are you ready to "run the race"? Are you reaching for the destiny that awaits? Are we content with the usual or do we desire all that God has planned and purposed for our lives? I desire to lay aside anything that will slow me down and I desire to pick up my cross and follow Him. Last night's service was very interesting and exciting. Even after many of the congregation had left the initial altar service several stayed for a time of prayer for their needs. Some of these had failed to respond during the initial invitation but knew they did not need to leave until they had an encounter with the Lord. It was inspiring to see the presence of the Spirit released in the lives of these individuals and to see them receive the ministering power of the Spirit. We must continue opening the doors of our hearts to God and allow His Spirit to minister to our lives. Stop resisting and start submitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment