Thursday, November 20, 2008

Communion

Last night's service at Browntown was very unique. The presence of the Lord was evident from the very beginning of the service. God used the Worship team to challenge our hearts regarding our desire to seek after God. The special singers shared "sermons" and not just songs. The words of the songs were a direct statement from heaven regarding our walk with Christ. My heart was very full when I arose to share the message with the congregation. I shared about this being a "season of blessings." I fully understand that these are very serious and uncertain times in which we live. As a matter of fact we are traveling in "uncharted waters" with regards to the economic crisis that is affecting our world. But in the midst of these difficulties I sincerely believe that God is and will continue to provide the blessings that we need. As I moved toward the conclusion of sharing the Word something caught my attention in the pulpit stand. I noticed a container of the self contained Communion cups; those with the combination of bread and juice. Immediately the Lord encouraged me to lead the service in a time of celebration of Communion. I am not the Pastor but I felt in my spirit an urgency to celebrate the sacrifice of Christ on the cross. I asked Pastor Tanner permission (I am sure that I put him on the spot) to lead the Communion service. I must hasten to add; I have never taken that action in any other Revival meeting. Pastor Tanner agreed with what I felt and he assisted me by providing the sacrament to the congregation. We proceeded in a wonderful time of sharing Communion with each other. I also felt led of the Lord for the families to gather together after the elements of Communion were served for a time of prayer for each other. (NOTE: After the service Pastor Tanner shared that the Lord had already dealt with him concerning the families praying for each other. Isn't it amazing when God is in control of the service?) I felt led to instruct the family to pray "prayers of blessing" over their family members. We entered into a season of prayer and we begin to minister to one another as the Spirit led. Each of us need to pray blessings over each other; the enemy is seeking our destruction and demise but God is releasing abundant life in us through the power of the Spirit. Rebuke destruction and walk in LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment