Friday, November 7, 2008

Words

I have spoken many words in my life. I am sure that some of them were more harmful than they were helpful. I am trying to reverse that trend in my life; I desire that my words are words of help and encouragement. I am not just referring to the words that I use when I am sharing the Gospel in the pulpit; no, I am referring to the words that I speak in daily conversations with those people who come in and out of my life. What impression do I leave with them through the words that I have spoken? Do they consider me pleasant and do they enjoy the times of conversation that we share? I know that there are occasions in which those who are listening or reading can mis-interpret your words but I want those moments to be a very small portion of my life. I truly desire to be an encourager to those who are around me. I do not want people to see my coming and they chose to turn away and walk in a different direction. O God, help our actions and disposition be pleasant and helpful even when we are facing our own set of challenges. AMEN! I look forward to the meeting next week at the Cathedral Church of God in Winchester, Kentucky. I am blessed by the invitation of Pastor David Douglas. I anticipate a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit. I still believe the presence of God desires to send REVIVAL to our nation. O God, awaken the spiritual giant we call the "church."

No comments:

Post a Comment