Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Provision of God

Life has a way of bringing moments of overwhelming challenges to us. We often find ourselves exhausted. This exhaustion can be spiritual, physical, emotional or even financial. It is during those times in which we need to look to God who has the resources to bring us peace and rest even during those times of exhaustion. This morning I read a portion of Psalm 23 in the New Living Translation. I would like to share a few of the verses with you; "The Lord is my Shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me be beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name." My heart was enriched as I remembered times in our lives in which God provided what we needed. I remembered those times in which both my body and spirit were worn down by the difficulties of the moment yet God would send the refreshing presence of His rest. I remembered the times that we were at intersections in our lives and we needed to know the direction that God would have us to travel and God revealed the way to us. I could continue in my remembrances but I feel led to encourage you to reflect on the promises of the Great Shepherd. Even more than the promises is the presence of the One who has made the promises. We can walk with hope and courage today regardless of what we are facing; God is there leading the way even when we fail to recognize Him. The service last night was wonderful. The Worship time focused on the "greatness of God." We must remember that God is still in charge of our lives and we need to remember His power and authority. Several people received the ministering power of the Spirit during the altar (alter) services. God desires to transform our lives if we will yield to Him.

1 comment:

  1. The reminiscence of God's care is so encouraging. Thanks for encouraging me today.

    ReplyDelete