Saturday, November 22, 2008

Trust

During prayer this morning the Lord reminded me of a line of an old hymn; "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus..." I am glad that I have learned and I am continuing to learn to trust in Jesus. As we look around our nation today there is not a lot of confidence regarding the future among people. I hear the words "lack of confidence" used by the investors on Wall Street; they are concerned about the future direction of the nation and this concern has caused major swings in the Dow Jones Average over the past several months. I am glad that we can still place our "confidence" in the Great, "I Am", of the Bible. He has not changed and neither has He lost any power or ability. As we are preparing for our Thanksgiving celebration take the time to remind your family and friends about the greatness of God and encourage them to place their confidence in Him and the authority of His Word. The service last night was highly anointed. The aisles were full of people who were seeking for more of God. Many of us decided last night we were not content with the status quo but we are committed to reach for all that God has planned for us. We are going to stop looking out the rear view mirror at where we have been and we are going to start looking out the windshield at where we are going. I encourage you to keep KEEP SEEKING AFTER MORE OF GOD!

1 comment:

  1. mike:
    i have enjoyed reading your daily blogs,and hearing how God has blessed you and your ministry.I"m proud of the way you have preached the word of God but have lived it daily in your life as well keep me in your prayers
    kenny

    ReplyDelete