Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful Hearts

As I was reading my devotional this morning I came across these scriptures. Psalm 71:6: "You have been with me from birth; from my mother's womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you! (NLT). Psalm 31:7: "I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul." (NLT) Matthew 6:30: "If God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you." (NLT) I Peter 5:7: "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." (NLT) In a few days we will celebrate Thanksgiving with our family and friends. Is my heart truly thankful for the blessings that God has provided? One of these blessings is the "great care" that God has provided for me and my family. It is such a blessing to recognize that God is truly interested in my life and my circumstances. God does not distance Himself from me but He desires to draw close to me in the cares of my life. Take a moment today and thank God for His wonderful care. Remember that He truly cares about you and the needs of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment