Saturday, November 29, 2008

Reflections

As we prepare to enter the season of Advent in Christianity we need to remember the great promise of the birth of Christ. God through Jesus Christ would draw near to humanity and we would be given the opportunity to be adopted into the family of God through the process of faith and trust. Jesus would offer Himself as a sacrifice for the sins of the world and through His death we would have the promise of eternal life. We need to be careful and not allow the "hype" of Christmas distract our attention from the true meaning of the birth of our Savior. I am glad that I do not need another "holiday" to remind me of my need to worship and adore the King of Kings. I am glad that I have decided to lift my voice and shout out praise to the One who willing came to die in my place and bring to me the opportunity of relationship with God. Let us declare this message this year with renewed passion and fervor.

No comments:

Post a Comment