Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Acts 20

The service last night was very challenging; the Spirit reminded us that there are all types of forces which seek to interfere in our fulfilling our purpose from God. Some of these are demonically imposed while some of these are self-imposed. Our view of ourselves will either lead us to the life of success or our view will lead us to the chasm of failure and defeat. I firmly believe that Christ came to break the curse of satan and that we are able to walk in victory based on the provision that Christ made for us at Calvary when He died on the cross. But the choice to succeed or fail lies in the sphere of my ability to believe and receive the blessings of Christ into my life. Each and every day I sense a greater desire in my heart to fulfill the purpose that God has intended for my life. I can only present myself to Christ so that He can take me and mold me into His pre-determined design. God has a plan and it becomes my responsibility to follow that plan. Pay close attention to our scripture for today; Acts 20:24, "My life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned to me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God. " (NLT) What a wonderful opportunity that God has given me; He has called me to join Him in the process of spreading the Good News to people who are in need of hope and direction. Oh God, help me remain focused on my responsibility to obey You and to surrender my life to Your direction. Always remember; God has called you to succeed and not to fail in your walk with Him. Rebuke the spirit of failure in the name of Jesus; make a conscious decision that you are going to follow Christ and watch Him manifest His presence in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment