Thursday, January 29, 2009

Courage

Isaiah 41:10, "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." (NLT). I referred in yesterday's posting to the ice and snow storm that we are facing in Louisville. This morning many people are still without electricity. I wrote to someone and told them that I was ready for Spring to arrive; I am tired of winter and I am looking forward to the seasonal change that will come. God in His great plan of creation ordered the seasonal changes and He does the same in our lives. We all go through seasons of our lives in which we are looking for the transition point; the point in which we move from one season of our life into another one that is full of hope and promise. As we travel through these seasons we must be reminded of the promises of God found in this passage in Isaiah. We can overcome our fears of the future because we know that God is with us. We can face discouragement because we can understand that God is in charge of our lives and that He reigns over all of the seasons of life even if they are difficult. God also promises to provide strength and help for us as we are passing through the valley of transition. Many of us have walked the roads of transition and we have found great encouragement in the fact that God is with us on the journey. God also reminds us that He will keep us from falling; we receive this through the promise of victory. We must remember that God is victorious over all of the challenges of life and that He never intended for us to travel this road alone. I just desire to trust Him more every day. Remember that it does not matter what season of life you may be facing; God has promised to be with you even to the very end of the world. We can find courage in the fact that God is with us regardless of the season of our life; we can thank God for His wonderful promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment