Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Word of God

During the service last night the Lord reminded all of us of the importance of the Word of God. Our lives must be built upon the promises and strength of the Word of God. God is looking for people who will not only listen to what the Word is declaring to them but they must also be willing to put into practice the revelation of that Word. Am I truly willing to obey what is being declared in my life? Am I willing to put into practice those Biblical principles that will lead to transformation in my walk with God. Oh how I desire to be transformed into the image of Christ; I want my life to be enriched by the Word and I desire for God to deposit the Word in my heart so that it will perform its purpose in my life. I want to re-develop a strong desire to understand and practice that which God is saying. NOTE: Read Matthew 7:24-29. Today has been an unique day in the history of America. We were able to witness the first African/American being sworn in as our 44th President. Many of us have seen great changes take place in our nation during our lifetime. I am sure that in many ways we still have room for progress but on this significant day we can take a moment and recognize the opportunities that God has placed before us as Americans. We must not forget God; we must remember the manifold blessings that God has provided for us and to us. Let us pray for President Obama; he and his cabinet need the direction of God as they lead this nation at this challenging and difficult hour. My hope is in the strength of the Lord God Almighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment