Friday, January 16, 2009

Confusion

We need to remember that the enemy seeks to hinder our walk with Christ through the spirit of confusion. Confusion can arise in marriages, in families, and even in local churches. We must seek to defeat this spirit through our desire to draw near to God. Is it possible that confusion begins when we stop desiring what God wants for our lives? It is so easy to drift off into a spirit of selfishness which places my desires above the plan and will of God that is revealed in His Word. How do I change directions and avoid taking the road of confusion? First, I begin to read His Word and meditate on the direction for my life that He has placed in the Word. Second, I begin to re-focus my thoughts on Him. I remind myself of His love, care, interest and concern that He has exhibited toward me. Third, I begin to pray. I do not begin by asking for more "things" from God; no, I begin by seeking for a deeper revelation of His presence in my life as well as a stronger relationship with Him. I also begin to ask Him for wisdom so that I can make the right choices when the tough decisions of life confront me. It is during these times that I will recognize the depth of God's love for me as an individual member of His family. Much of our confusion will clear up when we view the world from God's perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment