Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Review

The services in Hazel Green, Alabama went very well on Sunday. Pastor St. Clair and the local church offered me a warm welcome back to the church. I was here one year ago in revival services; this is also the second church that Ann and I served as Pastors during the early years of our ministry. This local church gave us the opportunity to grow and mature in our journey with God; as a matter of fact some of the youth and children that were here during our Pastorate are now leaders in the local body. I am honored to be able to serve them this week and I have a burning desire to share those things which will glorify God and edify the local body of believers. This passage of scripture was in my daily reading today and it confirmed a thought that I received during prayer this morning. Philippians 4:13, "I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength" (NLT). Many of us battle the fear of failure; we are always afraid that we will not be able to please God with our lives and then usually we go on to list the reasons that we will fail. But I have come to share some good news, God has not planned for your failure; He has planned for you and me to succeed. But our trust is not in our power or ability but our trust is in the strength that God will provide through our on-going relationship with Jesus Christ. He is our STRENGTH! Our confidence can not come from our abilities but it comes from the inner assurance that God is by our side, making His power and wisdom available to you and working out His purpose for your life. When you begin to lose confidence in God, go to His promises in the Bible and allow the Word to reassure you regarding His presence and power. Today, take a moment and remember the promises that He has already fulfilled in your life and allow these memories to encourage you to continue your journey of faith and surrender. Let us continue to pray, fast, and seek after more of God's presence as we continue our journey into 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment