Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Challenges of Life

This morning I have been cleaning our driveway trying to remove the residue of the winter storm that is moving through our area today. We have a combination of snow, sleet, freezing rain and ice pellets. The weathermen predict that this afternoon and evening may even be worse as more moisture moves through this region. As I was shoveling the snow I was reminded of the service last night. Many of us face struggles with multiple circumstances and situations. We might be able to handle one struggle at a time but we have a greater struggle when we are having to deal with multiple situations. Last evening as I prayed with people in the altar service I could sense that many of them could relate to what I am writing this morning. They were looking at circumstances that looked so much larger than their faith. These seekers spanned all age groups; no age group is immune from the struggles of life. Jesus referred to them as mountains that appear in our lives. Just as our city is being surrounded by various weather systems so are our lives being surrounded by various difficulties and challenges. But let me remind you that it is during these moments of challenge that we make a decision to release our faith and trust in the promises of God. I know that it is not always easy to walk in the strength of God when your life seems to be filled with more problems than you have solutions. But remember this; the Kingdom of God is not going through a recession. God has not lost His Power, His Grace, His Mercy, nor His ability to have love and compassion for us. You are important to Him and He watches over you today. Rest in the arms of the Lord and allow His strength to carry you as a loving parent would carry their children. Lamentations 3:22-24, "Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion says my soul, Therefore I hope in Him." (NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment