Monday, January 5, 2009

Weekend Review

Isaiah 41:10, "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand" (NLT). After prayer time this morning the Lord led me to this passage; during prayer I was reminded that there are many voices vying for my attention. But I must remain committed to follow the leading of the Spirit. He will provide strength, help, and victory if I will trust in Him and in the promises of His Word. Do not allow the "things" of the world to overwhelm you and discourage you; look to the Lord and trust in His provision. He will provide His presence if we will release our faith. Faith will welcome His presence and His presence will provide the courage that we need. The weekend services at Harvest were awesome. The anointing of the Spirit was strong as the Word of God was revealed, declared and received by those in attendance. Pastor Wheat is leading the people into a deeper desire of His presence and encouraging them to seek after more of the Lord. Would you say a prayer for Pastor Wheat's wife, Lila; she continues to deal with some health issues. I anticipate an overflowing of the Spirit tonight as we press into a closer journey with God. He is ready to respond if I offer myself to Him as a diligent seeker of His life and guidance. 2009 must be a year that all believers lay aside pretense and hypocrisy and seek God with all of their heart. I am committed to seeking God and I ask you to make that same commitment with us. Continue to pray and fast during this first week of 2009. God will reward those who diligently seek after Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment