Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Psalm 42

The first two verses of Psalm 42 were brought to my attention during prayer and study time this morning. I want to remind you of what the Spirit said through the Psalmist; "As the deer pants for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I come and stand before Him?" (NLT) As I wrote that passage I was reminded of the action words that were being used by the writer. The words "pants, long for you, thirst, come and stand." Each of these words and phrases leave us with the idea that there needs to be a desire flowing out of our hearts. Over the past years, I have spoken much about passion, fervency, intimacy and surrender to God. But I am convinced that this is the call from God; this is the hour in which the people of God must move from passivity into an active response to God where we put into action those spiritual desires that God is placing in our hearts. In come cases these are new desires that we sense and in some cases He is simply re-awakening those desires which have become dormant in our walk with God. In either case, I desire to respond to God in the appropriate manner and allow Him to draw me into deeper fellowship with Him. The service last night was powerful. The Word of God was given free course in the lives of those who were in attendance and I truly believe that there were eternal changes that took place in the lives of those who sought after the presence of God. It becomes our responsibility to walk in the strength of what God reveals, declares, and releases in our lives. God will provide but we must walk by faith into the promises of God. I look forward to another outpouring of the Spirit in tonight's service.

No comments:

Post a Comment