Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Scripture Reading

During the first few days of 2009 the Lord is challenging me regarding the intensity of my passion for Him and my relationship with Him. Many of us know the right words to say, the right songs to sing and even the right prayers to pray but do we truly possess a great desire to do the will of God? Do we possess determination to pursue the Kingdom of God regardless of the decisions that we have to make? Are we truly determined to follow the Lord with strong desire and passion or have we grown content to go through the motions of religious actions and religious activity? At the end of the service last night one of the men of the Harvest Church came forward and shared with me those things that God had placed in his heart as he entered 2009. One of those things was "spiritual intensity." Do I (we) possess spiritual intensity for the true purposes of God? During my devotional time this morning the Lord placed this passage in my path of reading; Isaiah 50:7, "Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be dismayed. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do His will. And I know that I will triumph" (NLT). The prophet not only expresses praise and thankfulness to God he also expresses desire, determination, and commitment to follow the plan of God. As we begin 2009, let us place determination and commitment at the top of our list and ask God to help us "set our face like a stone" as we seek to walk in the will of God. Do not allow the distractions of the world to hinder your desire to please God.

No comments:

Post a Comment