Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Review

The services at Roberts Tabernacle in Westmoreland, TN were great on Sunday. The presence of the Lord was awesome as Pastor Tim & Sheena McCaleb and the local church welcomed us into their fellowship. We have been there in revival in the past and it was a great honor to be extended an invitation to worship with them. As I sat in the service and listened to the Worship Team lead the church and I listened to the Pastor share his heart from a passage of scripture I recognized that God had arranged a moment of divine encounter. The songs, the exhortation and a testimony of one of the Worship team members coincided with the Word that God had placed in my heart a few days before in prayer. Isn't God AWESOME as He reveals His direction in our lives? Why do we hesitate receiving those directions and confirmations? Why do we ignore the call of God that comes through the Word and our Worship experience? God has positioned us to receive His embrace of love and concern; it then becomes our responsibility to respond in faith and allow the Spirit to speak to the need that exists in our lives. I want to be ready to receive and I want to be open to His instruction and direction. Several people responded in the services and allowed the Lord to refresh them on their journey. I look forward to all that God has planned for those who will choose to attend the services and for me as I prepare daily to share what the Lord places in my heart. We must recognize that the Lord is at work in our lives. Will you and I choose to respond or will we push the "snooze" button and remain unaware of our spiritual surroundings? I sense that God desires to send a fresh awakening to all of us and yet many of the modern day church are comfortable with their present spiritual condition and they are failing to realize what they are missing. God has so much more for all of us if we would just learn to trust Him and listen for the leading of His Voice. My heart is yearning for such a relationship with Him and I am dedicated to doing my best to share this message with others. These are the days of Elijah and the Word of God is being declared with anointing and power. What will we choose to do with the Word from God? That is the question that all of us must answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment