Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fear or Anticipation

We are completing the first week of 2009. Some of us are still trying to recover from the challenges that we faced in 2008 and it is difficult for us to anticipate much good happening in 2009. But I have come with some good news; you and me do not have to be trapped by fear, we can walk in the anticipation and knowledge that God is with us on our journey. Listen to the words of this passage; Hebrews 13:5, "Stay away from the love of money, be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, I will never fail you. I will never forsake you." (NLT) WOW, what a promise from God Himself; He will not fail neither will He walk away from us. I write these words to encourage those of you who are facing mountains of circumstances in your life that seems impossible to overcome. There comes a time in our lives in which we must seek to trade our fears for faith in God. Fear doesn't respect anyone. Fear touches all ages. Fear is acquainted with every walk of life. Fear can be destructive and paralyzing. Fear can bring torment to our lives. But faith can bring us into the calm assurance that God is with us regardless of the storms that may be swirling around our lives. Take a moment, lift your heart to God and say this prayer from the depth of your soul. "Dear God, I trade my fear for your promises. I trade my doubt for faith. I trade my weakness for Your strength. I trade my concerns for Your hope. In the name of Jesus, AMEN! It was a pleasure being with Pastor Wheat and the Harvest Church this week. Truly the presence of the Lord was in the services each evening and I am convinced that God deposited much in all of our lives. Thank you Harvest church for such a warm welcome and thank you Holy Spirit for such powerful unction and anointing. Thank you Holy Spirit for the response of the people who were hungry to seek after the face of God.

1 comment:

  1. Bro. Mike that was an awesome post you wrote about concerning Fear and then the alternative of Promises from the Lord. I really enjoyed reading that and was encouraged by what you had to say. I continue to pray for you and your ministry. God Bless...Doug

    ReplyDelete