Friday, January 2, 2009

Romans 13

My heart continues to reflect on the passage in Romans 13. Do I truly sense the urgency of the time in which we are living? Am I fully convinced that I can no longer afford to live the Christian life without more passion and love for God? Do I truly sense that God is speaking light and life in the midst of the spiritual darkness that is seeking to not only engulf the world but even engulf my walk with God? Will I truly allow God to awaken my heart out of a "normal blase" approach to my relationship with Him in such a manner that it will place a great desire in my life to truly see the Kingdom of God come and the will of God be done in this earth? Romans 13 calls for me to "wake up." Romans 13 reminds me not "to live in darkness." Romans 13 challenges me to "get rid of evil deeds." Romans 13 directs me to "clothe yourselves with the armor of right living, as those who live in the light." (NLT) Will I listen to His voice and follow Him in 2009? During the next 21 days of Prayer and Fasting allow the Holy Spirit to sow these principles deep into our hearts and allow His Spirit to encourage us to put on the whole armor of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment